Holiday season: for some it’s a happy season, for some – not so much.
Some survivors struggle with loneliness or tough feelings during the holidays. Friends and families can have questions about how they can help a survivor.
SACHA’s 24 hour support line will be available 24/7 to support survivors of sexual violence – and their friends and family. 905-525-4162.
We couldn’t make Take Back the Night happen in Hamilton without all these amazing people, organizations, and businesses!
Next time you see someone from these businesses and unions, please thank them for their amazing SACHA support.
The Take Back the Night committee is an AMAZING group of women that start planning the event in April. They do everything from finding donations, booking performers, making big decisions about the event, and helping folks to make signs. We appreciate their awesomeness, their energy, and their dedication to a world without sexual violence. Thank you TBTN committee members!
It takes over 30 volunteers to make the event run smoothly. Thank you to all the volunteers who helped create safety at the march by marshalling, who carried puppets, who served food, and who helped with clean up late into the night. We appreciate you.
During the month of May, Sexual Violence Prevention Month (#SVPM), we are posting one true thing a day.
We learn the verdict of the Ghomeshi case on March 24. Let’s flood social media with love and support for survivors of sexual violence.
On March 24th, post a selfie or a photo of your group to show your support with the hashtag #IBelieveSurvivors.
Show survivors that they are strong and that they are loved. Let’s show the world that we don’t believe victim blaming and rape myths. Let’s show the world that we believe survivors.
Tag SACHA Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Take a pic and post it on March 24th with the hashtag #IBelieveSurvivors. Tag SACHA as well!
- Invite your followers to the Facebook event – https://www.facebook.com/events/190664507966931/
- Make ‘I Believe Survivors’ your profile pic.
- Share this email with your networks.
Did you resolve to do more good this year? Get a jump on your New Years resolutions AND help survivors of sexual abuse get the support that they deserve by buying ticket’s to SACHA’s biggest fundraiser: Chocolate Fest.
It’s a FABULOUS elegant evening of delicious treats with over twenty bakeries and restaurants bringing delightful and inventive goodies.
When: Thursday, February 4th from 5:30-8:30pm
Where: Liuna Station – 360 James Street North, Hamilton ON
Tickets: $50 or ten tickets for $450. Buy tickets online at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2412482
For additional ticket information contact SACHA at 905.525.4573 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Money raised at Chocolate Fest helps SACHA to support survivors of sexual violence and to work to end violence in Hamilton.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/815941801861637/
It has been…. a year. Difficult and amazing all at the same time.
It has also been a year that we’ve experienced such strong SACHA support.
We wanted to highlight some of the folks who raised money for us this year. These folks made our hearts sing:
- Jay Robb had the great idea to donate the money he would’ve spent on a ticket to see Bill Cosby to SACHA instead.
- McMaster’s Student Union Arts and Science choir gave proceeds from a dinner to SACHA
- Feminist Tinder raised money for SACHA by selling sarcastic mugs
- Hammer City Roller Girls ran 50/50 draws all summer at Rockin’ the Waterfront Cruise Nights
- Kabuki Spa had raffles year round and proceeds from their holiday open house
- White Elephant donated 5% proceeds of one day of sales
- In February, we raised the most money we have ever raised for SACHA at Chocolate Fest.
Thank you Hamilton. We hear you. We are feeling your love. We certainly do appreciate it. You are making a difference for survivors and showing us that you want a world without violence.