Here’s all the info you could ever want about this powerful event.
When: Thursday, October 13th
6pm – We Gather
7pm – We Rally
7:30pm – We March
Where: Hamilton City Hall – 71 Main Street, Hamilton ON
Some quick links about:
- TBTN march and logistics
- TBTN and gender
- Male allies cheering TBTN participants
- TBTN solidarity events
- Reasons not to come to TBTN
We’ll be gathering at Hamilton’s City Hall at 6pm. There will be community tables with amazing activities, sign making, and snacks!
To warm up for the march we will practice Zumba together, as well as hand out TBTN awards, and see some amazing performances. All starting at 7pm.
At 7:30pm we leave City Hall on the march following this route: Main Street to James Street North to King Street to Hess Street back to City Hall.
I can’t walk the entire march
If you are not able to march the entire route there is a short cut back to City Hall at Summers Lane near the Hamilton Convention Centre. There will be a TBTN marshal waiting there to walk with folks back to City Hall.
Also, this year we will have an HSR city bus and a DARTS bus following the march for folks who are not able to walk the entire way.
- Walk behind the soundtruck.
- Be patient – folks with strollers or folks using wheelchairs or walkers may need to move more slowly.
- Follow the marshals instructions. Marshals are wearing reflective vests.
- Talk to a marshal if you need assistance.
- Use the shortcut back to City Hall at Summers Lane or the bus that is following the march if you are not able to walk the entire route.
- Visit the SACHA table or call SACHA’s 24 Hour Support Line – 905.525.4162 – if you need supportive listening. Take Back the Night can bring up a lot of emotions – joy, anger, sadness, excitement, fear, love.
We will march on the street in one lane of traffic.
Take Back the Night can bring up many emotions – joy, sadness, excitement, fear, love. If you need to talk with someone please visit the SACHA table where there are folks ready to listen or call SACHA’s 24 Hour Support Line – 905.525.4162.
What to bring?
- A sign with your message about ending violence — There will be a sign making table at the gathering with crafts supplies if you’d like to make a sign at the event.
- Comfy shoes — The march is an hour long!
- A water bottle — There are water filling stations at the gathering and a fountain in City Hall.
- Noise makers — Let’s get loud!
- A raincoat (perhaps…) — TBTN happens rain or shine!
Male Allies Event
Men will be gathering along James Street North between Main Street and King Street to cheer the march along as it passes by.