Take Back the Night, an annual event organized by SACHA, is a powerful opportunity for survivors and their supporters to actively build connections, assertively reclaim our right to safety, and courageously stand up against violence.
TBTN centers the experiences of women and gender non-conforming folks. We invite men to cheer the march on from Gore Park.
Use your voice! Take a stand against victim blaming and to support survivors of sexual violence. Lets let the entire world know that we believe survivors!
This year’s event will include giant puppets, information tables, drumming, Zumba, sign making, music, some surprises and, of course, a loud and empowered march!
When: Thursday, October 13th, 2016
6:00pm – We Gather
7:00pm – We Rally
7:30pm – We March
Where: Hamilton City Hall – 71 Main Street, Hamilton ON
What to bring?
- A sign with your message about ending violence — There will be a sign making table at the gathering with markers and bristol board if you’d like to make a sign at the event.
- Comfy shoes — The march is an hour long!
- A water bottle — There are water filling stations at the gathering and a fountain in City Hall.
- Noise makers — Let’s get loud!
- Weather appropriate clothes — TBTN happens rain or shine!
The march will be leaving City Hall at 7:30pm and following this route:
I can’t walk the entire march
If you are not able to march the entire route there is a short cut back to City Hall at Summers Lane near the Hamilton Convention Centre. There will be a TBTN marshal waiting there to walk with folks back to City Hall. (She will be holding an amazing sign and wearing a reflective vest. You can’t miss it!)
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtags #TBTN2016 and #WeBelieveSurvivors.
For more information or to request ASL interpretation, contact SACHA: