SACHA seeks a dynamic, self-directed woman-identified person to fill the position of Financial Coordinator (FC). The FC will oversee, manage and administer SACHA’s finances; ensuring accuracy and accountability while adhering to the centres’ vision, mission, policies, and its feminist, anti-racist, anti-oppressive framework.
Reporting to the Director, the Financial Coordinator will fulfill the following:
- Work in accordance with GAAP using Simply Accounting software
- Develop, manage, and evaluate the annual budget
- Analyze variances to budget, provide quarterly/annual reports, and revised year-end forecasts to the finance committee
- Assist in the preparation of working papers/statements for annual audit
- Develop, review and maintain SACHA’s financial policies and procedures
- Review and research all contracts and accounts with vendors
- Supervise the part-time Bookkeeper
- Provide leadership for the annual Chocolate Fest fundraising event and act as staff liaison to fundraising committee
- In conjunction with the Director, provide leadership in researching, applying for and implementing fund development initiatives (grants, fundraising activities)
- Manage donor database
- Participate in shared staff responsibilities.
This position involves working some evening hours to accommodate committee work.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 3-years previous financial experience including payroll in a non-profit setting
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written), team-building and problem-solving
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills, including previous experience using Simply Accounting
- Ability to speak a second language in addition to English is a definite asset.
Please send letter and resume by Wednesday July 13, 2016 to:
SACHA Hiring Committee
3rd Floor – 75 MacNab Street South
Hamilton, Ontario L8P 3C1
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of SACHA’s work against racism and other oppressions, we strive to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Women who are Indigenous, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, bisexual; women from racialized communities, women with disAbilities, and trans women are encouraged to apply.
Salary: $42,220 per year, plus benefits