Unless it’s suddenly changed, we’ll be learning the verdict in the Ghomeshi case in a bit more than a week: Thursday, March 24th.
We’re encouraging folks to post selfies or pics of a group of folks with the hashtag #IBelieveSurvivors or #WeBelieveSurvivors on the day of the verdict.
How you can get involved
On March 24th:
- Post pics that you’ve collected and taken all day with the hashtag #IBelieveSurvivors or #WeBelieveSurvivors. Let’s flood social media with messages of love and support for survivors!
- Participate in conversations that are happening online.
Before March 24th:
- Change the avatar on your social media to an ‘I Believe Survivors’ or ‘We Believe Survivors’ image.
- Take a pic of your group or yourself and post it with the hashtag #WeBelieveSurvivors or #IBelieveSurvivors before March 24th to promote the event, get the ball rolling, and to give folks inspiration.
- Share the Facebook event (https://www.facebook.com/events/190664507966931/ ) and poster with your followers. Remind folks that it’s happening and encourage them to get involved.
- Host a Self Care Crafternoon and create space for survivors and their supporters to do crafts, hang out, and take care of each other – https://www.facebook.com/events/975489709199325/
Check out other ways to take action the day of the verdict – https://blog.sacha.ca/2016/03/15/5-ways-to-say-webelievesurvivors/