We came up with sixty self care ideas. Enough to do one a minute for an entire hour!
Taking care of ourselves is essential and looks different for everyone. What worked yesterday might not work today. Try out new ideas and old faves and see what works for you.
1. Call SACHA’s 24 Hour Support Line – 905.525.4162
3. Have a temper tantrum. Kick and punch a pillow.
4. Watch a movie that makes you laugh.
5. Take a bath.
6. Read a book that helps you escape.
7. Make a list of beautiful things.
8. Write a letter to the child that you were. Tell that child the things an adult should have said.
9. Open your curtains, let in sunlight.
10. Make a fort and snuggle in it.
11. Take a walk.
12. Jump in a puddle or play in mud.
13. Scream into a pillow.
15. Go cloud watching.
16. Tell your story.
17. Cuddle your pet. Or someone else’s.
18. Cry. #CryPositiveSpace
19. Unplug for an hour. Turn off your phone.
21. Write down your thoughts.
22. Boogie to your favourite song.
23. Write a list of all your successes and strengths.
24. Allow yourself to feel what your feeling.
25. Be silly and playful.
26. Visit a pet store.
27. Make a list of why you are awesome.
28. Edit your newsfeed, unfollow the negativity.
28. Do something kind for yourself. Even if it’s uncomfortable. Especially if it’s uncomfortable.
29. Go to a park and people watch. Or dog watch. Or bird watch.
30. Wear your favourite outfit.
31 Visualize yourself winning.
32. Put post-it notes up around your house to remind yourself of your strengths.
33. Make a #SelfCare box.
34. Use positive affirmations.
35. Ask for help.
36. Express yourself through art.
37. Give yourself alone time.
38. Ask someone you trust what they like about you. Really listen.
39. Fly a paper airplane.
40. Read a comic book or awesome graphic novel.
41. Workout at the gym.
42. Light a candle.
43. Bake chocolate chip cookies.
44. Play with play-doh.
45. Squeeze a stressball.
46. Slow down.
47. Watch cute animal videos!
49. Try on all the funnest glasses at an optical shop.
50. Wear your pjs all day.
51. Put on your fanciest outfit.
52. Make a cup of hot beverage in your favourite mug.
53. Put on a playlist of your favourite songs.
54. Sing along.
55. Plan a hang out with a friend.
56. Let yourself be grumpy.
57. Eat your favourite snack.
58. Make a calming glitter jar.
59. Saying ‘no’.
60. Remember you are enough.