It has been…. a year. Difficult and amazing all at the same time.
It has also been a year that we’ve experienced such strong SACHA support.
We wanted to highlight some of the folks who raised money for us this year. These folks made our hearts sing:
- Lee Reed and Mother Tareka organized Songs for SACHA
- Jay Robb had the great idea to donate the money he would’ve spent on a ticket to see Bill Cosby to SACHA instead.
- Jennifer Fleming biked around part of Lake Ontario
- McMaster’s Student Union Arts and Science choir gave proceeds from a dinner to SACHA
- Feminist Tinder raised money for SACHA by selling sarcastic mugs
- Hammer City Roller Girls ran 50/50 draws all summer at Rockin’ the Waterfront Cruise Nights
- Kabuki Spa had raffles year round and proceeds from their holiday open house
- White Elephant donated 5% proceeds of one day of sales
- In February, we raised the most money we have ever raised for SACHA at Chocolate Fest.
Thank you Hamilton. We hear you. We are feeling your love. We certainly do appreciate it. You are making a difference for survivors and showing us that you want a world without violence.