Hamilton is busy preparing to welcome refugees from Syria.
SACHA is also prepared to welcome newcomers who are also needing support because of recent or historical sexual assaults.
- Our Support Line is available 24 hours a day in over 300 languages: 905.525.4162.
- Survivors of sexual violence, folks supporting survivors, and helping professionals can call the support line.
- We will arrange for a translator for counselling appointments.
- There is currently a waiting list for individual counselling. (Please call 905.525.4573 to find out how long the wait list is.) We do offer anyone who calls for counselling an emergency support appointment.
- SACHA has amazing groups in our Diverse Communities Outreach program like Women Helping Women and Multicultural Women’s Sewing Circle where participants can break isolation and learn new skills.
- Hamilton also has other awesome nonjudemental services for survivors of sexual violence:
- Centre de Santé Communautaire Hamilton/Niagara has a French-speaking sexual assault centre
- Thrive Child and Youth Trauma Services has supports for children who have experienced violence
- The Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Care Centre offers STI and pregnancy testing, emotional support, safety planning, and evidence collection.
You are not alone.
انت لست وحدك.