Who is going to win this year?
- Best Sign – Start thinking of yours today!
- Most Engaging Display – Whichever community organization goes above and beyond to make their table really interactive for folks coming to TBTN. We’ve had collective art projects, street harassment maps, photobooths, clotheslines, in the past…
- Enthusiasm Award – Goes to the group of people who put extra effort into their Take Back the Night experience. It could be creating matching fabuous outfits or even just coordinating to wear the same colour or working extra hard to get everyone from your class or workplace to participate in TBTN.
Thank you to United Trophy for donating the fabulous awards.
Check out last year’s winners to get some inspiration!
Use your voice! Take a stand against victim blaming and to support survivors of sexual violence. Lets let the entire world know that we believe survivors!
Take Back the Night, an annual event organized by SACHA — Sexual Assault Centre (Hamilton & Area) — is a powerful opportunity for all woman-identified folks to actively build connections, assertively reclaim our right to safety, and courageously stand up against violence.
When: Thursday, September 17th, 2015
6:00pm – We Gather
7:00pm – We Rally
7:30pm – We March
Where: Hamilton City Hall – 71 Main Street, Hamilton ON
Who: Women-Identified Folks and Children are welcome!
Read about why we organize Take Back the Night as a space for women to speak out against violence here.
- About SACHA
- About Take Back the Night
- TBTN Facebook event
- About the march
- About why we invite women-identified folks and kids
- About the event for male allies