Supporting a survivor of sexual assault can sometimes be hard and heartbreaking. Supporters can need support too.
Friends, family, neighbours, coworkers, and helping professionals who are supporting survivors can call SACHA’s 24 Hour Support Line – 905.525.4162.
SACHA can help friends and family by:
- Brainstorming resources that might be useful for the survivor in your life
- Listening to you about what it is like to support survivor
- Giving you more information about SACHA services
- Talking about reactions/feelings survivors may have after an assault
- Supporting you if your heart is broken seeing a loved one in pain
- Offering ideas about what the survivors in your life might need from you