Take Back the Night is coming up very very soon!
This Thursday we will be gathering at Hamilton’s City Hall to celebrate women’s strengths and remind our community that one in three women will experience sexual violence in their lifetime.
The march will be leaving City Hall at 7:30pm and following this route:
If you are not able to march the entire route there is a short cut back to City Hall at Summers Lane near the Hamilton Convention Centre. There will be a TBTN marshal waiting there to walk with folks back to City Hall. (She will be holding an amazing sign and wearing a reflective vest. You can’t miss her!)
The marshals are there to keep an eye out for everyone’s safety. We ask that you follow their instructions. If you need any assistance during the march please talk to a marshal.
The march takes about an hour to walk. We walk at a slower pace than most folks’ walking speed. Please be patient as many women coming to Take Back the Night have strollers or little ones joining them or they are using wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, canes or other mobility devices. The soundtruck will be setting the pace for the march. Please walk behind the soundtruck.
What to bring?
- A sign with your message about ending violence — There will be a sign making table at the gathering with lots of glitter, markers and bristol board if you’d like to make a sign at the event.
- Comfy shoes — The march is an hour long!
- A water bottle — There are water filling stations at the gathering and a fountain in City Hall.
- Noise makers — Let’s get loud!
- A raincoat (perhaps…) — TBTN happens rain or shine!