Welcome to your weekly roundup of well-rounded feminist funk, junk, and fury from around the world wild web. Here are some links to inspire, engage, and relieve:
- Notice how Star Wars’ beloved Padme completely failed to age while Anakin and Obi-Wan grew beards and/or grumpier? Related: Leading Men Age, But Their Love Interests Don’t (via BitchMedia)
- Pick Up Artists Special: “The social support networks may be a major reason why so many men claim PUA tricks have worked for them – just as many homeopathy patients insist on their own positive experiences.” From Austin Powers to Transformers, and is the author of this Guardian article any better? — Why I have no truck with the art of the pick-up
- “What Shouldn’t Make You Happy But Does” ?!?! Why some of those check-out aisle magazines totally deserve your raised eyebrows and that grossed-out feeling in your gut, but not your money: Women’s Health Magazine’s pretty ugly fuck-up.
- This fabulous, hilarious video:
- And finally this sizzling Summer Solstice treat from the Crunk Feminist Collective.
— Compiled by Amelia