This is a RARE opportunity! SACHA last hired a counsellor over ten years ago. Our staff turnover is extremely low.
Here’s all the info:
Counselling and Advocacy Program Counsellor
Part-time (21 hours/week), 1 year contract (with possibility for renewal)
Salary: $30,128 per year plus benefits
The Sexual Assault Centre (Hamilton & Area) –SACHA, seeks a woman-identified or non-binary person to fill the position of part-time (contract) Counselling and Advocacy Program Counsellor.
The Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A minimum of 3-years’ experience offering counselling and co-facilitating groups to individuals who have experienced sexual violence
- A strong understanding of sexual violence from an intersectional feminist, anti-racist, anti-oppression perspective
- Relevant College and/or University degree or applicable experience
- Ability to respond effectively to the needs of survivors from diverse backgrounds and life experiences and to offer appropriate counselling and advocacy supports
- Knowledge of appropriate community resources
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written), team-building and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Evening availability
- Willingness to flex time as required
- Ability to speak a second language in addition to English is a definite asset.
Please send letter and resume by February 9th, 2018 to:
SACHA Hiring Committee
3rd Floor – 75 MacNab Street South
No phone calls/email inquiries please.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of SACHA’s work against racism and other oppressions, we strive to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Woman identified and non-binary persons, who are Indigenous, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, bi-sexual, 2 Spirit, queer, racialized, with disAbilities, and/or who experience any other oppressions are encouraged to apply.